“If religion didn’t exist, neither would good people.”
Come again? I don’t understand how anyone could possibly believe this.
- In general, I’m a sweet person.
- I donate to who ever needs it when I can.
- I say “please” and “thank you”.
- I hold the door open for strangers and allow them to pass in front of me on line if they seem to be in a hurry.
- I never steal or “borrow without asking”.
- I respect people from the moment I meet them, unless they give me a reason not to.
- I’m courteous, I’m non-judgmental.
- I put the needs of others, strangers included, before my own on a constant and daily basis.
- I have never and will never refuse someone in need.
I don’t, personally, believe in a religion. Therefore, I couldn’t possibly be a good person. Right?
My mind is blown. There are so many jumbled up thoughts and pieces of thoughts buzzing around in my head right now, it’s probably impossible to put them into a logical state.
I understand why religion exists. For a lot of people, it is the reason to be a good person and to do good. What happens if you don’t follow a religion, then? You’re a danger to society? You’re a child molester? You rape and murder people for shits and giggles?
Where? What? Why? I had little to no response to this because I didn’t believe it merited one.
Sometimes it’s better to just walk away.