I was given a little project in my history class today, and Xanga felt like the perfect way to do it. All I need from all of you is your answers to these questions if they apply to you. A rec would also be helpful, since it’s a survey and the data is best if received in large numbers. Thank you!
- Are you an immigrant to the US? First generation?
- From where did you come, and how did you arrive? (Boat, plane, etc.)
- How difficult was it for you when you first arrived? (Culture shock, discrimination, etc?)
- Did you speak English when you got here? If not, did you take English classes or learn another way?
- What are the biggest issues you face today regarding your culture vs. American culture?
- Do you have children who were born here? What are the biggest conflicts you have with them, regarding the culture you were raised with and their Americanization? (The way they dress vs. the way you were taught to dress, the way they speak vs. the way you were taught to speak, etc.)
I notice that not a lot of those commenting can answer these questions, but that’s perfectly fine! Don’t worry! I encourage you to read the responses of those who can answer these questions, though, as they can be very insightful!
Your participation is greatly appreciated!!